With the increasing usage of mobile applications among end-users, businesses are now targeting to increase reach through such apps only. Due to the diversification of mobile device operating systems, most organizations prefer cross-platform mobile app development. And when it comes to multi-platform compatibility, .NET development tops the list.
It’s a reliable development technology, that aids to build top-notch mobile applications for every platform. And with its newer version – .NET 7, it’s considerably helping enterprises with business metrics. There’re a lot of factors and improvements, that make .NET 7 the first choice for app development and you can gain a brief about them here.
So, let’s get started.
A Brief To .NET Development and .NET 7
.NET development refers to utilizing Microsoft .NET technology to create mobile, desktop, and web-based applications, compatible across platforms. Microsoft constantly updates its .NET technology and currently, .NET 7 is the latest and resides at the top of the developer’s chart.
With the great improvements in performance, usage of APIs, security foundation, and compatibility with emerging digital platforms, it’s on the trending list. Moreover, it enables saving cost and time, as it allows running mobile apps on both iOS and Android devices using the same codebase.
Why Cross-Platform Development?
Cross-Platform has numerous benefits as follows, which you can leverage by preferring .NET 7:
- Saves cost, as you don’t have to invest in multiple developers to create different applications for each platform.
- Saves effort, as you don’t have to manage multiple codebases and applications. In addition, you have to update only a single codebase.
- Helps to reach out to a wider audience. For instance, you can provide your .NET application to iOS and Android users.
- Saves time, as when development gets completed, you can distribute the app to each stakeholder regardless of their device’s operating system. You don’t have to wait for the curation of different mobile applications.
The Exact Reasons To Choose .NET 7 For Cross-Platform Mobile App Development
Microsoft has launched .NET 7 with numerous improvements in most factors as below, helping organizations to build a secure, fast, scalable, and reliable mobile application.
Core Engine Optimization For Higher Performance
With .NET 7, you can insanely increase the speed of mobile applications, as the performance was the primary focus while developing it. It comes with On-stack replacement (OSR), Profile-guided optimization (PGO), and Native AOT, which plays a key role in optimizing speed across platforms and leverage with:
- Changing the code block in the middle of running the current method. Due to it, applications don’t require additional time switching between methods and reduce time in processing user-request.
- .NET 7 enables the utilization of PGO and OSR in collaboration, which seamlessly handles the delegates and improves the code structure for Arm64.
Besides, it also reduces the Android and Blazor application startup time on all compatible platforms by eliminating Just-In-Time execution.
Improved APIs for Better Communication
By integrating APIs from the updated .NET 7 library, you can add advanced functionality to the mobile application, which was not possible with .NET 6 or any below version. And all the APIs come with relevant patches, making them compatible across platforms to never compromise on data security and app speed.
The primary API improvements include:
- Nanosecond and microsecond time formats get supported.
- APIs getting used to read, write and achieve comes aligning with the latest security standards
- ReadExactly and Stream.ReadAtLeast APIs get enabled to read overall data.
- Event counters can track the statistics of multiple memory caches, helping to define a reliable discrete operation.
Extreme Observability For Seamless Update
By using .NET 7, you get an upgraded observability functionality, aiding to analyze the current app state as it scales in real time. It helps to understand the rising complexities, leading to resolving them before the updates reach out to the end-users. In addition, it uses the OpenTelemetry technology, providing the benefits, such as:
- Collection of data from multiple sources and sending it to all applications running on different platforms.
- Aids in analyzing the telemetry data of mobile apps hosted on on-premises or cloud servers without additional effort.
- It allows enabling different filters while collecting data to gather only relevant information and save time.
Additional Features To SDK For Faster Development
Software Development Kit (SDK) is a primary tool used in mobile app development. To write overall code, developers require an SDK and to reduce complexities in it, .NET 7 SDK got some extremely fine improvements, including:
- Tab completion is now available in the SDK, leading to reduce code generation time.
- New-age mobile app code templates are available, which you can edit, compile and integrate into the application within minimal time.
- The prefix “—” gets removed for install, uninstall, update, search, and list commands.
All such upgrades in the SDK help developers write code faster and reduce bugs in the final product. Therefore, if you utilize .NET 7, you can create a secure mobile app for your customers within a time constraint and assure their data integrity.
Platform Invoke Source Generator For Shorter Startup Time
The new P/Invoke source generator in the .NET 7 allows the mobile application to utilize AOT (Ahead-Of-Time) compilation. It boosts up the apps to quickly start on any platform and utilizes very less memory as compared to other software development technologies. Moreover, it enables apps to execute their operations on any compatible machine, regardless of the .NET runtime installed on it.
As a result, .NET 7-based mobile apps help to easily reach out to the target audience. Furthermore, it also helps to maintain Quality-of-Service, due to the capability of handling numerous instances simultaneously in a cloud and restricted infrastructures.
Easy Containerization For Better Efficiency
Currently, every organization and development professional prefers to utilize container technology to seamlessly run the application for a wider audience. And to support it, Microsoft has provided support for container images in the .NET 7. It allows the generation of the app output as a container image to reduce the effort and time of deploying it.
It helps to obtain numerous benefits, such as:
- It allows porting the application on the different host machines without impacting its consistency.
- It puts less load on the server, which increases the efficiency to utilize fewer resources and execute more requests within a short time.
- It aids in distributing updates and new app versions instantly and without impacting the current application.
- It helps in differentiating the application for all user groups by allowing the configuration of different containers. If a single container fails, only the associated user group will get impacted.
Centralized Mechanism For Effortless Dependency Management
By using the central package management of .NET 7, developers can manage all app dependencies from a single location. It helps in saving time and organizing dependencies in a reliable and easy-to-find mechanism.
Once you develop your mobile app using it, all processes and operations will get streamlined and users will receive accurate outputs. Moreover, it helps to smoothly push the security patch, bug fixes, and new updates across all platforms. And it also aids in maintaining the app security by minimizing the possibility of code exposure to malicious actors or any other restricted by you.
Which Mobile App Development Company To Choose?
While searching on the internet, you can find multiple .NET development companies, promising a secure and high-performing mobile application. However, there are only a few, who update themselves with the new advancements and make your app align with the latest industry standards. And one of them is Positiwise Software Pvt Ltd.
Positiwise complies with all necessary regulatory protocols and promises to provide an avant-garde. NET-based mobile application. In addition, it utilizes only the latest .NET framework and primarily focuses on data security to prevent attackers and minimize downtime. Moreover, its .NET developers have a vast experience in their domain and know how to fulfill every business requirement within time and cost constraints.
.NET 7 is a newer version of .NET technology, that focuses on boosting performance, easy integrations, and solidifying app foundation and security. It’s a complete package for enterprises looking to develop a reliable and cost-efficient cross-platform compatible mobile app. With a .NET 7-based app, you can effortlessly save time, cost, and effort and earn a high ROI, and retention rate. It’s a perfect technology to reach out to a wider audience, maintain maximum uptime, and improve data communication.
Stay In Touch