Software development outsourcing has been trending in recent years, and it’s now the first preference of many organizations. The majority of people prefer outsourcing software development projects rather than investing in hiring and managing development teams. Although, with the changes in the market at the global level, the software outsourcing trends are also changed. In this content piece, you will learn about the top five Software Development Outsourcing Trends in 2023. And as a result, you will understand the type of services that are most in demand.
Outsourcing Software Development projects is quite popular and common nowadays. Most startups and enterprises prefer it for instant and affordable application development. But, with time, the software outsourcing trend also changes. And in this blog, we are going to discuss the top five of them.
It would help you know what type of outsourcing services are getting considered. So, let’s get started.
Why Software Outsourcing Trend is Increasing?
Nowadays, every company wants a business solution and a tech team to manage and update it. But, there are numerous aspects where they lack, such as:
- No availability of tech team (developers, administrators, and CS engineers)
- The company cannot invest heavy costs in hiring technology experts.
- The IT infrastructure needs to be more advanced and requires completed revamping.
- Creating a new department in the organization requires a minimum time period of six months.
Similarly, there can be much more reasons varying from company to company. But, with outsourcing, you get a resolution to all such complexities. When you outsource, you don’t need to invest in hiring a development team, revamping infrastructure, creating a new department, or any other.
Due to all such reasons, outsourcing software development projects has become a trend. And it also provides the following advantages:
- You work with industry experts.
- Your application gets developed within cost and time constraints.
- You can switch to another tech partner if you want.
- You can instantly start the development rather than spending time on hiring and establishing a new department.
- You don’t need to manage payroll.
- You are free from providing any benefits to the outsourced team.
Top Five Software Development Outsourcing Trends 2023
In 2023, outsourcing software development services has been increasing heavily. And below are the top five trends that you must know about it.
#1: Cloud Software Development
Cloud is a popular technology among startups, small-scale, medium-scale, and even large-scale organizations, as it helps to save cost, time, and effort. In 2023, cloud-based software development has become a trend. Every firm is looking for a development company to build a business application deployed on the cloud.
In addition, as per Statista.com, the market size of cloud applications is also increasing, and it’s expected that it will reach up to 168.6 Billion US$ by 2025. The trend of cloud development has taken an accelerated start, and it’s growing at a rocket’s speed.
Furthermore, according to development professionals, below cloud development aspects are in trend:
- IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service)
Under the IaaS cloud model, organizations need to pay for resources, such as storage space, bandwidth utilization, and more. However, the firm is responsible for virtualization, operating system, and data.
- PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service)
In this cloud model, enterprise deploy their applications on a pre-administered platform and pay for the resources they utilize. All the virtualization and configuration get handled by the cloud provider.
The selection of any of the cloud models depends on each firm’s requirements and budget. Thus, consulting with a software development company is always recommended to select the most reliable cloud infrastructure in 2023.
#2: Software and Data Security Services
Data is the fuel of organizations and one of the most critical components that must be secured at any cost. However, only some organizations have a team with the appropriate skills to handle software and data security. In such cases, they prefer outsourcing software security services.
Furthermore, outsourcing software security services from a development firm helps in the following:
- Saving the cost of hiring security professionals with 10+ years of experience.
- The application effortlessly gets aligned with industry standards.
- It helps to avail of double advantage of security and development.
- The effort to hire and manage the security team gets eliminated.
#3: Agile and DevOps Development
Flexible development and fast deployment are the two major requirements when it comes to software development. While looking for software development outsourcing, they prefer a company working as per agile or DevOps development methodology. And the primary reason behind it is the fulfillment of dynamic business needs.
In 2023, agile and DevOps are the top trending methodologies. It helps the companies to avail of business solutions within a minimal time. Also, it provides complete control over the development of each component, and the quality gets maintained.
Not only small or medium firms, but even Fortune 500 companies, such as PayPal, Google, and DigiCert, also hire developers through outsourcing to build their products. Outsourcing agile development services provides numerous advantages, such as:
- It leverages to work with Agile and DevOps experts.
- It ensures top-notch application quality in a limited time.
- The updates get efficiently developed and deployed.
- It helps in effectively resolving issues and improving stability, security, and performance.
- It supports saving money, as it removes the overhead costs of infrastructure and team management.
#4: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Development
As technology is revolutionizing, AI is becoming more and more optimized in improving productivity, reducing costs, and detecting fraud. Due to it, most firms are outsourcing artificial intelligent experts, who can integrate AI capabilities into their current system or create a new one for them.
The rise of AI in every sector, including marketing, application enhancement, customer support, threat detection, and data security, has increased the demand for associated programmers. In addition, machine learning professionals are also getting recognized and hired as an outsourced resource. It helps enterprises to have an AI and ML development team onboard quickly.
In addition, outsourcing also aids in building AI and ML-integrated applications within budget, as organizations don’t need to invest in hiring, building infrastructure, and maintaining it. And it also helps the firms to extend the business solutions with the following features:
- Image and voice recognition.
- Automated chatbots for better customer satisfaction.
- Fraud detection.
- Efficient data analysis for better decision-making.
- Reduced human errors.
- Automation of repetitive tasks.
#5: Software Maintenance and Support
Software maintenance and support are the post-development services every firm needs to uphold the application’s security, performance, and stability. In 2023, most organizations prefer outsourcing such services, as it aids in availing of a dedicated and 24/7 available team at an affordable price.
In addition, it also supports availing of support through multiple channels, including live chat, remote access troubleshooting, and via email. Many software development services provide application maintenance within their development package. However, you can prefer outsourcing if your tech partner doesn’t offer it.
The primary advantages of outsourcing software maintenance and support include the following:
- Development experts are always available to resolve bugs and remove errors.
- Zero-day attack vulnerabilities get patches as soon as possible.
- The security patches and other updates are quickly released for all versions.
- It helps in reducing the cost of extending application features.
- The software constantly gets monitored, leading to prevent attacks.
What To Look for In a Company While Outsourcing Software Development Projects?
There are hundreds of companies globally that provide software development outsourcing services. But only some firms can fulfill your requirements and provide your needed services. So, follow the below-listed steps to find a reliable outsourcing partner for your software development projects.
- Step 1: List your requirements and find the companies providing services to fulfill your needs. For instance, if you want to develop an eCommerce store, discover agencies providing eCommerce development services.
- Step 2: Consult with the top firms for cost and time estimation. Also, check what type of pricing models are available.
- Step 3: Compare the cost, hiring models, time, customer feedback, proficiency, expertise, and team skills of different software development outsourcing companies.
- Step 4: Finalize the company which wins the comparison.
From Where To Hire Software Development Teams?
If you want to skip all the procedures mentioned in the previous section, you can directly connect with Positiwise Software Pvt Ltd. All the development and maintenance services are available at the most affordable pricing. And as an added advantage, you get 15 days of risk-free trial and 30 mins of free consultation.
Furthermore, the developers, designers, testers, and analysts are highly proficient and ensure to build a strong software foundation, supporting businesses in the long run.
Final Thoughts on Software Development Outsourcing Trends
Software Development Outsourcing Trends/projects now get preferred over hiring an in-house team. It helps to save money and develop a business application quickly. In 2023, most organizations are outsourcing for application and data security, AI and ML development, software maintenance, cloud-based app development, and agile development. The mentioned outsourcing services are in trend, as enterprises are:
- Cutting overhead costs.
- Updating systems with AI and ML.
- Maintaining solutions to align them with industry standards constantly
- Retaining data integrity and confidentiality.
- Requiring quick revamping and development of business solutions.
Expert in Marketing Strategy and Brand Recognition
Jemin Desai is Chief Marketing Officer at Positiwise Software Pvt Ltd, he is responsible for creating and accelerating the company’s marketing strategy and brand recognition across the globe. He has more than 20 years of experience in senior marketing roles at the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies.