Focus upon the Strengths and Weaknesses
Every programming language and development platform has its advantages and disadvantages, and one should always analyze them before project initiation so that risks during development can be analyzed and mitigated. Below mentioned are the pros and cons of Laravel and Core PHP.
Pros of Core PHP
- Cost-efficient development is performed, as the Core PHP framework is freely available over the internet, and human resources can also be hired through different engagement models.
- All the websites and web applications created using Core PHP are most user-friendly because of their responsive and straightforward designs.
- Syntax of this language is easy to understand, enabling the developers to write clean and streamlined code. Moreover, it helps programmers reinforce the application developed by someone else and flawlessly advance it according to requisites.
- Experts can connect any database with Core PHP, and it is compatible with Linux and Unix, allowing to configure it on any server.
Cons of Core PHP
- Additional security components are required for maintaining data integrity, availability, and non-repudiation. In addition, using third-party APIs can affect the cost of the software project.
- Error and Exception Handling is not up to the mark and is currently being modified by the community.
- Modification in core behavior cannot be changed, which can be a drawback in furnishing the application as per industry standards. Moreover, its application performance and Quality of Service can also be downgraded.
- Less debugging tools are present to find errors during code compilation and testing, causing users to suffer when the application is deployed in the market.
Pros of Laravel
- Extensive and detailed documentation is available for Laravel, which helps the development professionals comfortably create a clean codebase and resolve errors.
- Developers can configure multiple cache and integration with mail services to reduce the loading time and update users with the latest information by forwarding emails.
- It provides an in-built tool called Artisan to automate repetitive tasks by running a script through its command-line interface.
- A wide array of packages and templates are available in the online repositories, which minimize the cost, time, and effort to complete the software development cycle.
Cons of Laravel
- This framework does not support payment gateways, which cut it out from the technologies used for designing Ecommerce websites.
- Updating the framework version can crash the application, and data can be deleted permanently.
- When web pages are loaded on the mobile device, it puts extra effort on the processor. As a result, response time is maximized, and acknowledgments are delayed.
- Sometimes upgrades are not compatible with the previous version and new tech trends, which bring down the overall performance.
Core PHP vs. Laravel – Contrast between the two
Below we have compared Core PHP and Laravel Framework based on authentic key performance indicators. IT professionals assess all the mentioned bases while selecting a robust technology to fabricate a scalable, cutting-edge, secure business application.
The performance and Speed of any technology highly matter for a software project, as it helps to evaluate the request handling attribute. For example, core PHP is considered fast compared to Laravel because of its concurrency rate, which aids in executing and providing acknowledgment to an immense amount of user requests simultaneously.
As per the tests performed by open-source communities, PHP has gained a benchmark score of processing 1617 instructions simultaneously, whereas Laravel is behind it. Also, Core PHP’s concurrency rate is faster, as it can handle up to 9000 commands per second and render about 90,000 lines of code within a minute. However, Laravel’s performance is slower, but its cache tags characteristic can minimize the response time by loading the pre-stored data.
It is essential to consider the architecture of a programming language and framework while selecting it for creating your business solution, as it can affect Speed and data security. Laravel uses a Model View Controller architecture, which helps the developers precisely divide the frontend and backend of software. As a result, interface designers and backend developers can work simultaneously and complete the application before the deadline.
In addition, the MVC approach improves the website’s search engine ranking, as it provides better control to customize it according to marketing strategies. Further moving to Core PHP, it also offers the feature to extract the logic layer from the representation layer, which aids organizations to effortlessly configure the data routes for impeccably receiving and processing the data input by users.
Compatibility with Database
Databases are a must-have of any application for storing, organizing, and processing the data per user request. Currently, SQL, SQLite, MySQL, and Postgres are the four significant databases Laravel supports. It allows establishing multiple connections between web-app and different databases and guarantees a seamless communication path.
On the other hand, Core PHP can be linked with any database, whether IBM-DB2, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, etc. In addition, switching from one database to another is easy with its incorporated modules and functions. Furthermore, it aids the experts in migrating user data through minimal coding through API reusability, prepared statement support, OOPS-based syntax, and exception handling. Also, due to its PHP data objects, a constant relationship is built between the web app and the database, promising a smooth data transaction channel.
Availability of Resources
Before creating an application and using any tech stack, one must perform market research to understand the affordability and accessibility of hardware, software, and human resources. With ample community support for both languages, it is not difficult to outsource a reliable team of analysts, developers, designers, testers, and project managers for your business project. In addition, organizations can hire core PHP and Laravel programmers on an hourly, monthly, and milestone basis to integrate and modernize every aspect of the solution to meet your business requirements.
Besides this, there is no requirement of any expensive hardware assets to compile its code and run it on a machine. Fabricating software with any of these two technologies is cost-efficient and less-time consuming in every aspect of the software development life cycle.
Picking out a language, which can easily integrate new technologies for extending the functionality of enterprise solutions is always the best choice. Both Laravel and Core PHP frameworks are continuously upgraded with new components, which leads to embedding Cloud Infrastructure with the application and provides the advantage to scale up resources anytime with growing business needs.
But, Core PHP has an additional feature of autoloader and opcode cache for executing many user requests within seconds. In addition, it does not compile code with every user request, which enhances its Speed by saving scripts in shared storage.
Securing data stored in the database and the transmission channel is a vital duty of the organization, as a data breach can lead to face heavy losses. Comparing Core PHP and Laravel based on providing data integrity and confidentiality, Laravel is considered more secure due to its well-grounded structure.
To prevent cyber-threats and unauthorized access to Core PHP-based applications, developers must adjoin third-party APIs and define their protocols. However, Laravel has a built-in security system for mitigating SQL injection and cross-site request forgery attacks. In addition, access control and authentication systems are by default enabled to cross-verify user identity and allow the only legitimate user to access resources.
Core PHP and Laravel can both be considered for creating high-end applications. These two can be practical tools for a developer innovating a complex and straightforward web solution. However, there are some differences between them, which one must analyze with the project scope.
As we have compared Core PHP and Laravel, it has been concluded that both are expandable, allowing organizations to move with rapidly evolving tech fashion. And, investing in them can give a high return on investment in the long run. Moreover, Core PHP must be considered for small and medium applications, whereas Laravel is an advanced framework and can be appraised for large and scalable business solutions.